Sunday, May 2, 2010

My morning prayer...

Dear Lord,
So far today, God, I've done all right.  I haven't gossiped, haven't lost my temper, haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish or overindulgent.  I'm pretty glad about that.  But in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get out of bed and from there, I'm going to need a lot more help.
Thank you.
Amen
-source unknown


I had heard this before but when I was reading our small town paper this morning, which rarely has anything worth reading in it, it really hit home for me.  Especially the grumpy, nasty, losing my temper part.  I think this will be my new morning prayer every morning before I get out of bed!

Then to my surprise I also read this-

"The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents."
-John J. Plomp

I think I will put that one in my side bar!  OK still not earth shattering news, but brought a smile to my face. 
Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Sandy, a stay at home Mom to Samantha and Sydney and wife to an amazing man who is not afraid to live in a house full of estrogen...although he does work a lot! Welcome to our blog~

Followers

My Blog List

About This Blog

the long road
Red Thread Stitches

Pages